- Complete change of clothes to be packed in dry bag or left in car. Remember extra underwear and shoes.
- Tennis shoes or river sandals for the river--rocks are sharp & there might be glass.
- Sun protection--Lotion, hat, pants, long sleeve shirt and sunglasses.
- Rain and wind protection--wind-proof jacket will keep you warmer if you get wet!
- First aid--bug spray, (recently we have found Noxema to keep gnats away), sun lotion, post-sun lotion, bandaids
- Towel--for after trip or for sunbathing.
- Watch, string for glasses. Leave keys behind at the Outfitters.
- Trash bags--for trash and to keep things dry. Heavy twine to tie in things
- Lunch and drinks--plenty of water. Don't get dehydrated.
- We recommend no alcohol on the river. We reserve the right to inspect coolers and restrict to 3 beers/person. Virginia law is 'no drinking in public.'
- Please no glass bottles and no styrofoam coolers. (we do have coolers for rent)
- Other Extras--gloves, bailer, ground cloth for lunch, matches, fishing gear and license
- Dress in layers; polyester fleece is best & wool is warmer than cotton; warm socks. Know about hypothermia and how to avoid it.
- Tent and stakes, sleeping bag and pad, extra clothing, socks, shoes.
- Flashlight, lantern, cook stove, (especially if raining).
- Food, dishes, pots, plates, bowls, utensils, can opener, paper towels, scrub pads, soap, trash bags, candles,
- folding chair!! radio (remember others have come to enjoy the peace and quiet, not the Top 10).
Relax in the Beauty of the Shenandoah River